Duties and Responsibilities
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carries out a full range of registered nurse duties including assessment, administration of medication, blood taking and privileged procedures.
- Manage the daily operational responsibilities in the clinical area including, work allocation, deployment and supervision of other nursing staff to ensure effective care delivery to service users and to a smooth operation of the service environment.
- Ensure and manage daily activities of the department operate smoothly / effectively
- Represent the unit manager in her absence
- Provide high quality patient care.
- Assist with continuous development of staff.
- Identify hazards in the workplace and provide solutions.
- Treat emergency injuries.
- Develop programs to maintain health and safety.
- Identify work-related risks.
- Document all injuries and illnesses
- Ensure that sufficient staff are available for the day and make the necessary.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain the patient’s clinical records. Keep all information of patients in the strictest confidence.
- Assist the doctors with procedures and treatments. Administer treatments including sterile procedures.
- Administer medications according to hospital policy.
- Practice economical use of equipment and supplies, informs proper authority of discrepancies and breakdown.
- Attend and support education programs.
- Order medical and pharmacy supplies according to the set par level and departmental needs.
- Perform inventory and cleaning of equipment as scheduled.
- Key in charges for nursing procedures/medical supplies and ward medications accurately and in timely manner.
- Participate in departmental initiative /project for continuous improvement.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the superiors.
Employee Specification & Qualification
- Diploma in Nursing / Degree in Nursing.
- Registered Nurse with current nursing licence.
- Valid nursing board registration.
- Post qualification nursing experience. Post-basic in Endoscopy Nursing is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in the relevant area.
- Able to work in a multicultural team.
- Maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Continue professional development activities.
- Maintain meticulous records.
- Outpatient and inpatient medical coverage for employee and family.
- Dental benefits
- Free parking
- Basic Health Screening
- Employee Education Sponsorship.
If you have the attributes we are looking for, submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 31 December 2022.